Free RPG day in NC

The culmination of 24 years of pen and paper design. A balanced classless system designed from the ground up.

Aspect has an easy to learn combat system that uses the same basic mechanics for physical, mental, and social combat - allowing you to play as a diplomat, sage, warrior, or anything you can dream of, and still contribute to the adventure in exciting ways.

Moderator: Heather Gunn

Free RPG day in NC

Postby The War Bunny » Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:45 pm

I just ran the Aspect quickstart Free RPG scenario here at Game Theory in Raleigh NC, and it went over very well. I had full table of 8 and everyone enjoyed the system. I can see myself running it as a regular thing here. Good work folks.
The War Bunny

Re: Free RPG day in NC

Postby Heather Gunn » Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:16 pm

We're glad you enjoyed it. We do have another module of about the same length: The Derriston Fire, which can be used as a sequel (or prequel) to Here There Be Demons very easily.
Heather Gunn

Postby Palimbar » Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:47 am

Glad that you mentioned the Derriston Fire... I recently ran BOTH adventures back to back and it was pretty cool. I used Palimbar and Jebbido who met with Lorenna on the road... it went over pretty well! I put Derriston first out of simplicity of character selection. I pretty much allowed for almost any NPC to be chosen because I started at the Derriston Inn. Then they went through the Derriston Fire and on to the Demons, which seemed not only logical but easiest to ramp up the bad guys. For you Devs out there this was the party at the end of the day:
-Palimbar
-Jebbido
-Gillis
-Lorenna (To protect Baloc)
-Crystal
-Della (Came in to Derriston during the Fire)
-Baloc (As part of a Debt to Palimbar)
-Fumo (NPC)

ON a side note there was good RP b/w Baloc and Tallon, who grudgingly agreed to take up the mantle of Leadership while Baloc saw things through to the end. It turned out to be a lot of fun with the group essentially circling up and unleashing AoE style attacks. I brought in 2 more scourge demons and doubled the imps on every encounter... It worked out well and if I get to do it again, I might just add something in from the Aspect Main Book, perhaps a dragon?

Let me know if you would like to find out more! Glad you enjoyed Aspect! Hope you continue to do so :)
Palimbar

Postby Heather Gunn » Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:46 pm

That sounds pretty awesome. I also recently ran HTBD and Derriston back to back, but reversed the order (Demons first, then Derriston). Now I'm starting a longer campaign with the group regarding the sinister force behind the Derriston Fire. One of the new critters I introduced in the last session are an elite brute ogre (a request from the monster request forum). Two of them proved pretty brutal, and with their high Athletics, they are able to passively cross a 5 foot stream in the middle of the encounter, even in the blind rage stance. Here are the stats in long form.

Ogre Brute
Elite Striker
Large Unnatural Humanoid (Ogre); 2 x 2 sq.
XPV 200
Senses: Normal Vision, Magic: +7/12; Perception: +5/10
Social Rank: 4
Physical Health
31 + 31
Str Def: 25
Dex Def: 20
Mental Health
22 + 22
Gen Def: 15
Awa Def: 13
Social Health
24 + 24
Cha Def: 16
Sav Def: 14
Initiative: +9
Speed: 7
+2 to saves; AP: 1+1

Blind Rage (Full; Personal Stance) Martial — Stable, Weapon, Stance
Effect: Each of your melee attacks that target either a specific number of creatures or each enemy instead targets each creature within range (including allies).
Knockback Blow (Std; Melee 1; One creature) Martial — Weapon, Simple
+13 vs Dex; Hit: 1d10+7 piercing 2 damage, target is pushed 1 square.
Hooking Strike (Std; Melee 1; One creature) Martial — Weapon, Simple
+13 vs Dex; Hit: 1d10+1 piercing 2 damage, target is slid 1 square to a square adjacent to you.
Chop (Minor; Melee 1; One creature) Martial — Weapon
+7 vs Dex; Hit: 4 piercing 2 damage.

Martial — Light Armor Proficiency; Heavy Basic Melee Proficiency; Heavy Military Melee Proficiency; Shield Proficiency
Great Weapon — Fury: Whenever you take wound damage, you may use an action point you have as a free action.
Stats: Agi 3, End 5, Men 2, Phy 6, Pow 5, Soc 3, Base Size: 9'5” Weight: 765 Total Weight: 804.2
Skills: Athletics +18 Crafting +9 Customs +6 Diplomacy +8 Entertain +8 Faith +8 Fortitude +13 Handy +5 Leadership +8 Magic +7 Nature +5 Nimble +7 Perception +5 Precision +7 Science +7 Shrewd +6 Tactics +7 Trickery +6; Languages: Giant
Equipment: Studded Leather, Light Shield, Warhammer, Large Beltpouch, 3 GP, 2 SP, 6 CP
Heather Gunn

Postby Heather Gunn » Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:21 am

I don't know, we are not part of Goodman Games. It is up to each publisher to make that choice.

Our 2011 effort is of course is available here: http://www.stonetabletgames.com/here-there-be-demons.html
Heather Gunn

Return to Αspect